5 Tips to Market Your Podcast
Updated: Jan 5, 2022
When you decided to start a podcast it was no easy task. You had to spend hours researching how to create a podcast and what tools you needed. You may have even invested in someone to create your logo or edit your audio. Whatever the case may be, you poured hours into your show and you should be proud. Now is the big day!! You have officially launched your podcast and now the listeners will just start showing up right?
If you are not actively marketing your show people will not know you even exist.
With over 850,000 active podcasts, your audience has to find you.
If you are ready to start getting more exposure for your show then checkout these 5 tips to market your podcast.
1. Ask guests to market your show. When you invite a guest onto your podcast they are excited to share with their audience about the podcast they recently went on. Share the episode promotional content with your guest. Checkout free apps like Canva to play with different templates that fit with your show's brand and include their quotes from the show.
2. Create an Audiogram or audio trailer. Having a trailer to promote your show is great and very effective for teasing new episodes. Save an audio clip that is under 30 seconds to pair with an image for TikTok or Instagram Reels. Headliner is a free program which you can import your audio into and create yourself an Audiogram.
3. Go on other podcasts. Cross collaborating with other podcasters is fun and a great way to get exposure to a new audience. Look for podcasts in your genre that you can bring value to. Podcasters love to cross collaborate, reach out to your favorite shows and start pitching yourself. Search online for podcast community's that offer guest booking.
4. Promote every episode. Let your audience know when a new episode is about to come out. Remind your audience again when the episode is live. Promoting your episodes with show notes and quotes is very effective and creates engagement in your community. Create both long and short form content from every episode that really highlights key parts of each episode.
5. Be consistent. Consistency is key. At the end of the day, your fans are loyal to you. They are looking forward to regular episodes. As your show grows, your audience will grow. Don’t give up, time and consistency are the secret ingredients to a successful show.
Are you ready to take your show to the next level? I offer podcast management services customized to meet each podcast where they are.
Book a free consultation here: https://calendly.com/thebusinesspodcasteditor/15min