You started a podcast and now the listeners will just start showing up right?
If you are not actively marketing your show people will not know you even exist.
With over 850,000 active podcasts, your audience has to find you.
If you are ready to start getting more exposure for your show then checkout these 5 tips to market your podcast.
1. Ask guests to market your show. When you invite a guest onto your podcast they are excited to share with their audience about the podcast they recently went on. If you create quote cards from the episode and email them with shareable content, your guest will be more willing to share the information with their audience. Creating a quote card is easy, try free apps like Canva to play with different templates that fit with your show brand.
2. Create an Audiogram or audio trailer. Having a trailer to promote your show is great and very effective for teasing new episodes. Headliner is a free program which you can import your audio into and create yourself an Audiogram.
3. Go on other podcasts. Cross collaborating with other podcasters is fun and a great way to get exposure to a new audience. Look for podcasts in your genre that you can bring value to. Podcasters love to cross collaborate, reach out to your favorite shows and start pitching yourself.
4. Promote every episode. Let your audience know when a new episode is about to come out. Remind your audience again when the episode is live. Promoting your episodes with show notes and quotes is very effective and creates engagement in your community.
5. Be consistent. Consistency is key. At the end of the day, your fans are loyal to you. They are looking forward to regular episodes. As your show grows, your audience will grow. Don’t give up, time and consistency are the secret ingredients to a successful show.
Are you ready to take your show to the next level? I offer podcast management services customized to meet each podcast where they are.
Book a free consultation here: https://calendly.com/thebusinesspodcasteditor/15min